Spring has officially sprung! Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and you can get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. But, before you head out for your outdoor adventures don’t forget your annual spring cleaning. Spring cleaning is more than just cleaning your floors, it’s about getting deep into your home and its systems to take care of dust build up and leaks that may have happened during the colder months.
- Schedule your spring HVAC tune-up with us. Spring is the perfect time to schedule routine maintenance on your air conditioner. When you call Drake we’ll take the time to learn about your home, your system and your lifestyle prior to doing the work. Tune-ups are one of the easiest ways to reduce your energy cost. If your air conditioner hasn’t been tuned up in years, you could be wasting hundreds of dollars just because your system isn’t running efficiently.
- Dust and clean air vents and returns.
- Have your ducts professionally cleaned and inspected for leaks.
- Change your air filter.
- Remove any debris from the ac unit that may have accumulated around the perimeter of it.
- Check windows to make sure that they are properly sealed. Reducing the amount of air that leaks in and out of your home is a cost-effective way to cut heating and cooling costs. Caulking and weather stripping are two simple air sealing techniques.
- Seal air leaks around fireplace chimneys and furnaces with fire resistant materials.
- Change out the batteries in your smoke detector.
- Deep clean bathroom and kitchen.
- Clean dishwasher and washing machine.
- Clean out gutters and outdoor drains.
For information about our services, home tips, or to speak with one of our representatives, please contact our office.
Top Causes of Air Conditioner Failure » « New Homeowner Heating & Cooling Tips