You shouldn’t have to be uncomfortable in your own home. If walking from your bedroom to your downstairs kitchen leaves you feeling like you’ve been in two different climates, now is the time to gain back your comfort. At Drake Heating & Air we have just the right solutions.
In our experience, we have determined that there are 3 main reasons why hot and cold spots appear in your home.
You have the wrong size heating and cooling system
- A heating and cooling system that is too small for your home may work overtime to heat and cool your home.
- A heating and cooling system that is too large can heat or cool one area of your home more than is needed, resulting in hot or cold spots.
Whether your unit is too large or too small, not having the right sized heating and cooling system makes it hard to maintain a steady temperature and humidity level in your home, which directly results in hot and cold spots throughout your home.
You have poorly insulated ductwork, a poorly insulated home or both
- When air is traveling to rooms that are far away from your heating or cooling unit, the metal ductwork can cool down or heat up the air during travel.
- Some metal ductwork is exposed in attics and basements and aren’t well insulated, this cools down or heats up temperatures even quicker.
- Just as expected, when your home is not well-insulated you may lose hot or cold air in one room and not another.
You have a poorly zoned home
- Improper zoning in your home can result in hot and cold spots. A mini split ductless heating and cooling system lets you control the temperatures of each room in your home individually, rather than setting one temperature for your whole house. A mini split ductless system increases your home’s comfort and saves you money on your heating and cooling bills.
Put an end to your home’s hot and cold spots. For more information on how to stabilize the temperatures throughout your home, contact us today!Why Does My Home’s Air Filter Get Dirty So Quickly? »